Position: Lead Curer
Report to: Operations Manager
Reporting to the Agrima Botanicals Operations Manager, the Lead Curer will be primarily responsible for the day to day production and management of labor for optimal cannabis curing in an indoor greenhouse setting. The Lead Curer plays a crucial part in the quality, compliance, and production scheduling of cannabis. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a greenhouse or large-scale cannabis growing environment, excellent people management skills and an eye for detail. The Lead Curer will exude passion for plants and the cannabis industry and will foster nurturing and healthy relationships with people and plants.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of cannabis curing and assist in crop setup to ensure production, harvest and curing schedules are met, processes and resources are optimized; Collaborate with Operations Manager, Lead Grower and Lead Harvester to ensure all curing activities are completed on time for transfer and production;
- Keep accurate documentation and records for all curing activity and record in AgrimaWare, as well responsible for a portion of the monthly inventory counts. (plant weights, processed weights, incentive weights);
- Create and manage curing staff schedules, train and supervise in compliant turnover techniques, standard operating procedures, and documentation processes;
- Plan and monitor daily work activities for room turnovers; set and communicate clear expectations for productivity and quality;
- Follow production, harvest and curing schedules and communicate all variances and/or deviations to the Operations Manager;
- Inspect, and train staff to inspect and report signs of pesticides, disease, or microbial damages;
- Maintain and enforce sanitation protocols and facility biosecurity;
- Research and identify areas for cost reduction and improved efficiency in production processes; communicate findings to Operations Manager;
- Collaborate with Operations Manager in plant supply and production inventory maintenance;
- Contribute to facility maintenance and cleanliness, safety and compliance; ensure all duties are performed in accordance with Health Canada, ACMPR, Work Safe, SOPs, and other requirements; and
- Other tasks as required.
- Expertise in plant cultivation, pest and disease control and propagation technology;
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and inventory tracking, moisture and nutrient management procedures;
- Strong understanding of ACMPR regulations and requirements for cannabis and greenhouse growing;
- Knowledge regarding the safe operation and general maintenance of greenhouse tools and equipment;
- Advanced knowledge of cannabis plant and genetics strongly preferred;
- Strong leadership skills, communication, training, and management skills;
- Strong analytical skills, capable of troubleshooting growing operations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with multiple stakeholders;
- Proficient using word processing, spreadsheet applications, and ERP systems;
- Skilled in collaboration, departmental and employee management with ability to self-motivate and direct;
- Strong inventory management and documentation skills;
- Ability to lead and influence a diverse team during change, while maintaining cooperation, motivation and cohesiveness;
- Capable of anticipating and responding to client needs and changing organizational dynamics;
- Ability to perform physical requirements including standing and walking for long periods of time and ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs.;
- Ability to accurately analyze and gather data;
- Ability to analyze data, interpret and apply legislation, and follow strict standard operating procedures; and
- Ability to promote compliance and ethical practices.
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in greenhouse commercial cultivation and quality control in a highly regulated industry preferred;
- 3-5 years of people management experience;
- High School Diploma;
- Experience working in a complex, dynamic and demanding work environment;
- Must be able to work flexible hours;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and development; and
- Proven proficiency in perpetual harvesting/curing.
Agrima Botanicals values a diverse workforce and encourages all interested applicants to apply. Those candidates whose skills and qualifications fit the role requirements will be further considered and contacted. Candidates chosen for employment will be required to undergo background and reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Agrima Botanicals!