Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Serve as an integral member of the senior management team, interact cross-functionally to ensure business objectives are aligned and that the organization meets its quality and business goals;
- Develop, facilitate implementation and maintenance of Good Production Practices (GPP) processes and quality systems within departments to ensure product quality and compliance; responsible for compliance of the LP with all Sections specified in the MMPR;
- Maintain compliant operation against all work instructions, requirements and SOPs, working with lab and production teams in the collection of necessary documentation and maintaining auditable records;
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and protocols to exceed all Health Canada mandated standards;
- Develop QAP training programs and supervise their implementation;
- Review and handle product related changes and complaints; collaborate with senior level management in conducting product recalls as necessary, including informing the Minister of a recall and the reason(s) for it;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current trends, practices, developments and regulatory changes which would impact products or formulations;
- Oversee environmental surveillance and hygiene control;
- Inspect production resources, packaging material and medicinal material, and issue inspection reports; Prepare and manage quality control documentation; and
- Create and support process enhancement initiatives to maintain an environment of continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Knowledge, training, and experience in ACMPR requirements, good production practices (GPP) and/or good manufacturing practices (GMP);
- Strong and current knowledge of Food and Drug Act, CDSA regulations, HACCP, Food Safety, regulatory and environmental guidelines;
- Understanding of experimental design and trial methods;
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in hygiene control;
- Strong management and leadership skills; experience in a previous supervisory role;
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus;
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Excellent communications, documentation and presentation skills;
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and manage a high-performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations;
- Ability to interpret the scientific results for the testing of hazardous substances and organisms as well as the product specifications of the dried marijuana product;
- Ability to write cohesive and foundational scientific reports;
- Ability to validate analytical chemistry methods and interpret the data; and
- Ability to develop and manage a high-performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations.
Other Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Biological Science (i.e. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical);
- 3-5 years of Quality Assurance and Control experience in a pharmaceutical environment;
- Extensive experience in GMP/ GPP/ GLP and other Regulatory compliance areas;
- Experience in working and understanding hazard critical control analysis. Certification in hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) considered an asset;
- Experience with inspecting production resources, packaging material and medicinal material, and issuing inspection reports;
- Demonstrated experience with analytical chemistry, journal publications, technical reports, and patents; and
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
Agrima Botanicals values a diverse workforce and encourages all interested applicants to apply. Those candidates whose skills and qualifications fit the role requirements will be further considered and contacted. Candidates chosen for employment will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Agrima Botanicals!