Proposed Start Date: July 2018
Position: Sanitation Technician
Report to: Facility Maintenance Manager
The Sanitation Technician will report to the Facility Maintenance Manager or other Senior Level Management as required. The Technician will be responsible for ensuring the sanitation and cleanliness of all facility areas. The successful candidate will remain attentive to their work environment while conducting work in an efficient manner.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the facility remains sterile, safe and optimized for production according to Standard Operating Procedures and other guidelines;
- Perform regular inspections to ensure production equipment is clean prior to being used; Report issues and concerns to Facility Maintenance Manager;
- Follow the Daily Sanitation Checklist and document all tasks, completed and incomplete;
- Manage waste according to compliance standards and SOPs;
- Assist in the facilitation of projects and tasks within the production facility under the direction of the Facility Maintenance Manager;
- Conduct work activities in a safe manner in accordance with all safety, GMP, and ACMPR guidelines;
- Sanitize and scrub processing rooms, pre- and post-harvest in accordance with SOPs;
- Assist Facility Maintenance Manager in any necessary training of team members on appropriate use of sanitation equipment, chemicals and SOPs;
- Familiarity with Health Canada regulated environments and protocols considered an asset;
- Adequate knowledge of manufacturing and production processes/procedures;
- Experience with GMP audit expectations and requirements;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Solid computer skills (data entry, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with teams;
- Ability to adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and strict protocols;
- Ability to prioritize and organize workloads, often working on parallel activities simultaneously;
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.;
- Capable of working in hot and humid working conditions;
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to work shiftwork;
- Previous experience in a maintenance or sanitation role considered a strong asset (food industry strongly preferred); and
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment considered a strong asset.
Agrima Botanicals values a diverse workforce and encourages all interested applicants to apply. Those candidates whose skills and qualifications fit the role requirements will be further considered and contacted. Candidates chosen for employment will be required to undergo background and reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Agrima Botanicals!